- USNMT members, if you have links to resources that you would like to post on this page, please email the webmaster.
- To obtain a wealth of information about shooting, subscribe to Shooting Sports USA; it is free and published digitally monthly.
CNO speech to SNA January 2018: Command is the theme, with training and team leadership as core tenants.
Vision and Shooting:
Former USNMT pistol shooter Norman Wong, O.D., wrote several articles for the Bullseye shooting community about vision and shooting. These articles have been republished at
Establishing eye-dominance is an important first step – PRIOR to buying equipment and going to the range.
New shooter handout with 2020 CMP Rules
Bullseye Training and Tips: How to Shoot a Ten
Target Analysis & Sight Adjustment: Pocket Guide
New Shooter handout with 2020 CMP Rules
Rifle Target Scoring/Pulling (aka pit duty):
Service Rifle Positions – the finer points
Rifle Data Book Sheets:
Dry-Firing and Training:
Trophy Rifle Verification Services:
The following rifles which were awarded by the US Navy and the US Marine Corps in the Name of the Secretary of the Navy can be verified:
- 7.62mm Mk 2 Mod 1 Service Gradewith new 7.62mm SA barrels (The sleeved barreled rifles cannot be verified)
- 7.62mm Mk2 Mod 1 Match Conditioned Grade A
- 7.62mm Mk2 Mod 1 Match Conditioned Grade B
- Caliber .30 M1 Standard Grade issued after February 1998, and
- the Remington 720.
There is no cost for this service. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the serial number and the data from the side of the barrel that becomes visible when the bolt is opened. If you want paper verification, including a copy of the page with your serial number from the Navy Serial Number List, send a stamped self-addressedenvelope to Jim Adell 2409 Frances Dr. Loveland, CO 80537.
If you have questions, call Jim Adell at (970) 663-4779 before 7:30PM Mountain Time.